Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What I Had for Dinner-Homemade Pizza







Homemade pizza's on homemade whole wheat bread, and sauteed green beans.

This is a great dish when you don't have a lot of time, AND everyone gets to put what they want on their own pizza. Kids really like helping with this one.
I like artichoke hearts, olives, onions, red bell pepper, jalapeno's and cheese. I don't use pizza sauce on mine, I prefer just a little smear of good quality mayonnaise. You could also use butter or olive oil if you don't want to use mayo.
For traditional pizza sauce I just use tomato paste. Add a little garlic, italian seasonings, water and sea salt.
Top it all off with fresh grated parmesan cheese, and you are in pizza heaven!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!!! How are you guys?! It has been so long since I have seen you! You're blog looks delicious! Maybe I will have to start cooking... ;D