Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Soul Purpose Mission Statement


I went to a 3 day workshop/seminar a couple of weeks ago and I now have a mission statement, for myself and my business. Which essentially is the same thing I guess.

I think it important that all people create a mission statement for their own lives, businesses do it, and companies do it, so why shouldn't we? It will really add focus and direction in your life and make what you are doing so much more meaningful. It has always been really important to me to live my life with purpose. I have now clarified what my purpose is-- at this time in my life anyway.

The cool thing about "the way" that we learned to find our purpose in life at this workshop is we can always go back and "morph" it into wherever we are in life. AMAZING!!

Here is my "soul-purpose mission statement."

"As I walk with Christ, as a luminary, I stand in humility and confidence in helping others to awaken the vitality their souls already possess."

I would like to explain this a little.
"As I walk with Christ"--is pretty self explanatory. I want to live my life as Christ would have me, and I know that I need His help along the way. The visual I have of this (in my head) is walking hand in hand with our Savior.
"--as a luminary"-- I found the word luminary under 'leader' in the dictionary. I look at myself as more of a 'teacher' or 'guide.' AND I want the 'light of Christ' in me as I do this.
"--I stand in humility and confidence"--I need to stay humble, willing to learn as well as teach, and I could always use a little more confidence. Not only in myself but in the Lord and what He can do.
"--helping others to awaken the vitality their souls already possess."-- I want to help others to wake up, both physically and spiritually. I believe that all people have the ability to heal either body and/or spirit in some way. Somewhere inside of each one of us we already possess good physical and spiritual health, vitality! exuberance! My job is to somehow help you find it!