Thursday, February 19, 2009

What I Had for Dinner/ Chicken Sandwiches



Yesterday I made Roast Chicken and Fettuccini Alfredo, but my camera ate the picture-Sorry!
So today we had some leftover chicken--and I didn't feel like cooking.
We had chicken sandwiches, with the sprouts shown above, raw sliced sweet potatoes, avocado and artichoke hearts. On my sandwhich I put organic mayo, chicken, sea salt and black pepper, onion, jalapeno's, lettuce and cilantro. I didn't feel like 2 slices of bread-so I just used one.
**Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A, C and manganese.
The sprouts above are a mixture of--alfalfa, radish, mung bean, lentil and broccoli.
If you haven't tried sprouting, it is VERY simple.
Purchase sprout seeds (online or at a health food store), soak them in a glass jar in water overnight- then drain them. You can either leave them in the jar or place them in a sprout tray like the one above. Rinse them twice each day, morning and night. Depending on the seeds they will sprout anywhere from 2-4 or so days.
They are NUTRIENT RICH and full of goodness. You can add them to salads, sandwiches, throw them in a bowl of soup, or on top of just about anything.
My kids like to just eat them from the tray.
Typically you would do a larger batch than the one I did---I was trying it out because I haven't made them for awhile.
This is a great item to have in your food storage also. In the event that we couldn't get fresh produce--this would be a life saver!

No comments: