Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


These 2 pictures were taken from the bus. This temple is considerably smaller than the other temples I have been in. It was very cozy feeling.




Everything was SO ORGANIZED--they had the busses and buildings all color coded. So you could get back to the building you started from.



This was taken at the Stake Center right next to the temple. No picture taking is allowed in the temple--but ANYONE can go through the tour.





We were bussed over to the temple from a church building--so they could accomodate the crowds.





This is Alex from our ward. Hi Alex hope you don't mind me putting this on my blog!





Who is this beautiful girl? Oh wait--she is mine! Lucky me!











We were lucky enough to get to go to the Draper Temple open house. The temple is beautiful inside and out. Stone and wood imported from other countries, it's just amazing.

I also was priviledged enough to serve there during the open house a couple of weeks ago. I was with a group covering the first shift. So when we got to the temple no one else was there. It was so peaceful and wonderful to sit in the house of the Lord for about 30 minutes before the tours started.

One person that came through commented "A lot of trees died for this temple." I just smiled and quietly whispered "yes," because it is a silent tour. But what I really wanted to say is "we are just giving the trees back the the person who made them, the trees are not ours:)"

1 comment:

Melody said...

Wish I could have been there. Can't wait for this Pheonix one to be built and done in 3 years or so.