Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sewing

As I have been reading my friends blog, I am now inspired to start sewing again. Let me tell you what usually happens. I get out all of my sewing stuff, try to make something, am not 100% satisfied with it, put away all of my sewing stuff, and wonder why I ever got it out in the first place, then hide whatever I made. This time I am going to have a positive attitude, not expect perfection (like I should be as good as a world renowned designer) and just consider this a learning experience.
I actually have this really cool pattern making book. It has over 300 patterns and you custom make them to fit each person. Its called Lutterloh if anyone has ever heard of it. The only problem with it is, it doesn't come with instructions for each pattern on how to sew them together. Which is a problem for me because I am not experienced enough to know all of the steps. I sometimes use an old pattern with directions to guide me, and that works well as long as the patterns are somewhat similar.
So this time I am making a nightgown for Emerald, I'll take pictures when I am done. In the past I have made a few cute things for her that have turned out, so there is some hope for me yet.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

i cant wait until it is done!!!!!
=)
love emerald

Stef said...

You are good at sewing! You sewed Makaylee the cutest skirt and hat a few years ago. She got so many compliments on them.

Tiffany said...

Thank you Stef, that makes me feel better!