Monday, January 7, 2008

My best self

Okay here is a list of "truths" in my life that make me my best self. Let me explain what I mean about "truth" first.

When you find out a truth for yourself, then you are held accountable for knowing that truth.
Example: One truth for me is that if I eat chocolate (more than just a little tiny taste) I will get grumpy a day or two later. So "my truth" is.......... that if I eat chocolate my body will hold me accountable for eating chocolate when I already know what it will do to me. Crazy? I don't think so because I have tried to get around this one many times!!!

So, here is my list:
1-pray daily
2-scripture study daily
3-smile hourly (something I literally have to remind myself to do)
4-eat right
5-get enough sleep (this one is important for me)
6-walk at least 4 times per week
7-get some sun daily if possible (one of my favorites is, a big bright sun on a 40° day)
8-spend time with husband (it seems like its never enough)
9-spend time with children
10-get away from children (just for a minute)
11-have goals
12-have a hobby
13-good friends (which I do have)
14-be focused about moving forward (spiritually, mentally, temporally)
15-quiet time

That's not too much to ask ............is it?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

get away from me ur fav daughter sniff sniffle cry =(
JK (just kidding)

Tiffany said...

I really don't want to get away from you Emerald, just the boys! Just Kidding! I really enjoy being with all of you, and miss you when we are not together.