Thursday, January 24, 2008

Setting goals

Okay, I have learned a new way of goal setting. Maybe you already knew about this, but it is new to me.
When setting goals, ALWAYS write it down, and NEVER use ANY negativity in your wording. For example: If you goal is to lose weight, DO NOT write down, (or THINK) "I need to, or want to lose weight." Your subconscious mind will read that as: "Oh, no I am going to lose something, so I better hold on to it...................and..................what is it you are trying to (lose).......weight? So your body will tell you to "hold on to your weight" because it doesn't want to lose something. Very profound, isn't it!!!
Instead you should write down, and say to yourself, "It feels so good to be healthy and active and have the body I enjoy!"
Another example "I want to get out of debt" Again, the words are focusing on the wrong thing, (debt) therefore, your subconscious mind will also. Instead you should write down, and say to yourself, "it feels so good to be independently wealthy, I feel free now, knowing that I own the title to my car and the deed to my home, and always have $xxxxx amount of money in the bank."
***Another "key" to this of course, is to also thank Heavenly Father for these gifts, but do it with the feeling that it has already happened. You HAVE to feel the feelings "as if" it has already come to pass.
I have put this to the test, and will let you all know what happens. The goals I made are somewhat long term goals, so you will have to wait, but I have faith in this process, and have "felt" the feelings already, so I know it will come to pass, I just don't know the exact date!
I hope you will try this!!

3 comments:

dipankar.kaul said...

Hey, that's correct. That's the right way of goal setting.

Anonymous said...

Interesting... Made me think a bit. - Built From Skratch

Stef said...

You are getting some weird posts! You may want to set your blog to private like ours!