Saturday, January 19, 2008

Emerald's new pj's


As you can see, I made a HUGE mistake in the length across the shoulders. I used 2 different patterns and then changed them, so I didn't take the shoulder length into consideration. Ooopps! Emerald is still willing to wear them, and likes them, so that's what counts. I kept the pattern that I made and may try making a dress with the same pattern, maybe? I was surprised how much I had to re-learn as I was going, but then it all seemed to come back to me.
I would have gotten it done sooner, but it took me 2 or 3 days of "thinking" and getting myself ready to thread my serger. Not a fun task! In the end it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. As I said before, this is supposed to be for fun and learning. I definately learned, not quite sure about the fun. I really want to get better at this though, so I have to keep trying.
If anyone knows of a good book that explains the basics of sewing and "how" to put things together, like what order to sew things together etc, please pass it along.

5 comments:

Stef said...

Way cute and fancy! That pattern could definately be a dress too!

Tiffany said...

mom thank u for making me that i luv it and i luv u
love,emerald

Haniya said...

It is really precious! I am sure she likes it, who wouldn't?

I have a photocopy of a Threads article on garment construction. I can photocopy it and send it to you. Will you email me with your address?

Love, Wardeh
www.suchtreasures.com

$ummer said...

Cute pjs emerald. I don't remember a bookshelf there... I need 2 come sleepover sometime!!!!
Your Niece
$ummer

$ummer said...

Cute pjs emerald. I don't remember a bookshelf there... I need 2 come sleepover sometime!!!!
Your Niece
$ummer