Saturday, December 29, 2007

Just a little reminder

What a day. For those who don't know me, I used to suffer from Crohn's disease. Through changing my eating habits I have cured myself. There are just a few little "quirks" that my body occasionally reminds me of. The latest one being, I cannot eat the same food for more than a couple of days in a row. If I do, my stomache gets upset with me. In this case it was, spiral cut ham. I really like spiral cut ham, and since I usually only have it at Thanksgiving or Christmas I tend to pig out on it. Bad choice. My stomache got really upset with me this morning, and I haven't felt well all day.

I have to find some sort of blessing in this. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Okay, I've got it! The good thing about this is, it's just a little reminder and I am not actually sick again with Crohn's disease. What a blessing.

I actually think it is a good thing to have these little reminders, because sometimes I get tired of having to cook as much as I do, and eat the way that I do. Only because it is more time consuming than just opening a box, sticking it in a microwave and eating. But it reminds me WHY I am cooking and eating the way that I am. And I am so greatful for the knowledge I have learned about my own body, and the knowledge that I needed to heal my body.

For those who don't know, my diet consists of: whole grains, (no white flour) raw honey, (no sugar) raw milk, (no pasteurized milk) natural meats and chicken as much as possible, good water, no preservatives or artificial food colorings, no harsh chemicals, lots of vegetables and fruits, free range fertile eggs, (no regular store bought eggs) butter, coconut oil or olive oil, (no hydrogenated oils) organics whenever possible, and a positive attitude and happy thoughts. It really doesn't take me THAT much longer to cook than "normal" people, it's just when I am not feeling well that it seems like a burden. "Who is going to cook for me?"

I also want you to know that I have been pretty good during the holidays. I have only eaten a teeny tiny bite, here and there of treats other people have brought over. I have to admit it tastes good, but the side effects (mental and physical) are certainly not worth a few seconds of mouth pleasure. I encourage you all to try it. See what you can overcome!!!

3 comments:

Haniya said...

Tiffany,

Hello! It is fun to read your blog (sorry it took me so long to get here, with the holidays I have to share the computer). I've enjoyed "meeting" your family and hearing about your life. You're very blessed...

I'm so glad the Lord healed you of Crohn's disease through following a simple diet of the foods He made. This Christmas, I ate sugared treats and wouldn't you know it, I got sick with a cold and broke out with cold sores above my lip. That only happens when my immune system is down and I'm convinced the sugar did it.

Happy New Year! Love, Wardeh

Tiffany said...

Wardeh,
I am so glad you were able to visit my blog. Thank you. I am sorry to hear that you got sick, I hope you feel well soon.
That seems to happen in my family also, we pretty much count on the kids getting sick after halloween if we allow them to eat a lot of candy.
Have a wonderful New Year!
Love, Tiffany

Tiffany said...

hi wardeh this is emerald my mom always talk about u and says u r her friend she met on the comp!!

from emerald