Thursday, December 27, 2007

Emerald gets her ears pierced!


I have to back up a little before I explain why this is so exciting. When Emerald was 6 years old, I took her on a "girls day out" to get her ears pierced. It traumatized her and it traumatized me. I couldn't go to sleep for 3 days after that, because I just kept thinking about how "I let" someone PUNCH HOLES THROUGH MY DAUGHTERS EARS!!!! They then got infected, and pretty much never cleared up, so we had to take the earrings out and let the holes close up.

Emerald LOVES jewelry. So for Christmas we gave her a gift card to a place where she could either buy clip on earrings or...........get her ears pierced. She decided to get her ears pierced, but was very nervous about it. To tell you the truth I think I was more nervous than her. Miguel came with, so she would at least have one brave person with her. Emerald sat on the chair and a couple of tears leaked out. I asked her "are you sure you want to do this?" she said "yes." And Miguel told me to go away, because I was making it worse. So they pierced the first ear, and she sat there just smiling. It didn't hurt at all, because the holes were still open on the inside I guess. Then they did the other ear. That one hurt just a little bit. By last night her ears were just fine, and she was twisting her earrings.

Emerald told me that she started praying (once she decided to get her ears pierced) that it wouldn't hurt. Her prayers were answered, and she LOVES her new earrings. She does look beautiful in them. I love you Emerald.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

i love u 2 thank you for letting me get my ears pierced!!!!! i am so, so happy i cant wait until i can take them out and put other earing in


love, emerald