Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I Had for Dinner/ Salsa, Tabouli, and Beans








I am still not eating meat for dinner. I think I like it! I feel like I am waking up more rested!




This is my first attempt at Tabouli, a middle eastern dish. It is VERY simple to make, but I realized I made a mistake. I should have chopped the parsley more fine. The taste is very good --it has a light refreshing quality. YUM!
Quinoa Tabouli

3 cups cooked quinoa
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
½ bunch of parsley
Sea salt to taste
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan. Cook the onion and garlic on low heat, until the onions are transparent. Stir in the quinoa. Pour this mixture into a bowl. Add the parsley, lemon juice and sea salt to taste. Add 2 more tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, and mix until blended. Can be served warm or cold.
Copyright © 2009
By Tiffany Perez
Tiffany’s Table L.L.C.
All Rights Reserved.


No comments: