Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Homemade Marshmallows

This is just the plain chocolate marshmallows. I used a round lid to cut them out. I would have made them bigger, but my family ate 3/4 of the pan of marshmallows before I could get to them. I just didn't have much left to work with. I will take it as a compliment that they really liked them!
In this picture I covered them with almonds, unsweetened coconut, and melted naturally sweetened chocolate chips. Talk about GOOD! I need to tweak the thickness of the melted chocolate chips, but other than that they turned out perfectly delicious! I am guessing they tasted somewhat like a 3 musketeers bar------No....even better!

Here is the recipe for basic Homemade Marshmallows:

Homemade Marshmallows

1 pkg. unflavored gelatin
½ cup water
2/3 cup raw honey
Dash of sea salt
1½ tsp vanilla extract

In a small bowl soften gelatin in ¼ cup water. Add the remaining water and all of the honey to a saucepan. Stir together and heat until you reach 240°F. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture. Cool to room temperature. Add the salt and the vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer until white and thick, about 5 minutes. It should look fluffy and glossy. Pour into a greased and powdered square baking dish. Powder the top, then let the marshmallow set for awhile. Overnight is best. Cut into squares and powder again if desired. Do not refrigerate. **Cut the marshmallows with a knife dipped into very hot water.
Copyright © 2009
By Tiffany Perez
Tiffany’s Table L.L.C.
All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Stef said...

You are a genius! My mouth is watering!