Friday, February 1, 2008

All I needed is a walk and some perspective

Let me start out by saying, that when I don't go on regular walks (outside) something bad happens to my psyche. Let me also say that I haven't been going for regular walks since before Christmas. BAD BAD BAD!!!! So when you read the rest of this blog you should know "I was not in my right mind."

Logan just got over being sick last week. (I talk about that in an earlier blog.) As I mentioned before, whenever he is sick, he wants me to sit and hold him ALL THE TIME. Well for some reason, he still hasn't gotten over that, he still wants me to hold him all the time.
Between that, AND the weather, AND not walking I have been feeling completely SMOTHERED!!!!! I am suffocating!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!! Do you hear me? I am going crazy, I feel like I am in solitary confinement!! Okay, take a breather! I am really not that dramatic.
So I went for a walk today. Although the sun was not out, I do feel much better. I wore snow boots, so I walked and sloshed through all of the slush and snow, it felt good. I ran into a friend, and told her I was walking off some frustration. She asked what I was frustrated about. So I said I just needed 2 minutes away from Logan, because he wants me to hold him all of the time, and he is 4 years old. Her comment put everything into perspective. She said "at least you know he loves you." Whoa!!! Wake up!! I should be grateful! Then as I continued on my walk, I passed a neighbors house who does daycare, and saw a mother picking up her child and giving her a kiss. Another WHOA! At least I am home, for Logan to smother me to death, and for me to give him a kiss anytime during the day. I should be gratetful!

So..............the moral of this story is, don't put off your daily walks, and be grateful for loving children! Thank you Sheradee for helping me realize this!

2 comments:

Stef said...

I know exactly how you feel! Just yesterday I was feeling so claustrophobic(sp?) that I was almost in tears!! I just keep telling myself that some day when my kids are grown, I will really miss them hanging on, slobbering on, and spitting up on me!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Stef, that makes me feel a little more normal, whatever that is.