Monday, November 26, 2007

Time???and Money???

I have two thoughts on my mind today.
1--Time: As I watch an aquaintance go through cancer and see how she deals with it, and what has now become more important to her, I wonder about a lot of things. Like; can someone who hasn't gone through such an experience really get the same perspective she has? Can I cherish every moment, and spend less time worrying, being angry, being envious, being petty etc. Can I spend my time on what is truly important. Is this truly important? Is spending my time reading and writing blogs important? When I first found out about her cancer, I wondered how she felt about cleaning. Is cleaning a waste of time when you may only have a little bit of time left? But, who wants to live in a mess? Where do you draw the line? You still have to teach your children how to work, how to pick up after themselves, how to be responsible. It's all so very deep.

2--Money: I was listening to the radio today. The question there, was, when would you "feel" rich and what would that look like? They asked all different people this question. On average most people said, "if they could double their income". They asked multi-millionaires, they stated "there is always another millionare with more." So I started thinking, is there ever "enough?"
What would "enough" look like to me? Aside from "spiritual riches," I would say that temporal riches for me would be as follows. We would own our home, have money in the bank, have more money coming in than going out (living within our means). Have the right mindset to be happy with what we have. Have extra money to help others (missionary fund, fast offerings, temple fund etc.) I have more thoughts on this, but need to go make dinner. I'll talk later.

No comments: