Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

I just wanted to take a minute and express my thanks for the many blessings that I have. These are in no particular order, this is just what I have been thinking about lately.

1-Good health-as I have been doing some research and reading about other people who now have Crohn's disease, I once again am reminded what a blessing it is to have good health. I feel great! Physically I am able to do ALL that I need and want to do. Mentally I feel strong, more confident in WHO I am. Spiritually I have been blessed beyond measure and have been given more gifts of the spirit than I am worthy.
2-My family-As I watch my husband continue to work a horrible shift and the sacrifice that he is making so that I can be at home with our children, I am in complete AWE. He does this without complaining!! My oldest boy is such a good kid, fun to be around, and a good example to his younger siblings. My favorite daughter, is so thoughtful and caring, she has such a big heart. My youngest boy, is a spitfire, he is fun, he has taught me so much, and he tries so hard to be good. My dog is growing up and not such a crazy puppy anymore. She is so obedient lately. I feel safe with her around. (And I thought I didn't like dogs:) Who knew!)
3-The wonderful blessing of being able to be a stay at home mom. As I have faced the idea of having to go to work it has made me realize just how much I cherish the time I am at home, and what a HUGE blessing it is. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
4-Peace-I have felt a wonderful peace in my life lately. I am grateful for it, strive to keep it that way, and hope to eminate that to others. With the Lord in charge, life gets so much easier! It truly takes all the pressure off me.
5-Eternal families-The thought of being able to be with my family (extended etc.) is such a blessing. There are 2 special people I look forward to getting to know again. Miguels mother, and my paternal grandmother. For some reason I have a special connection with these two ladies. My grandmother passed away when I was 5 years old. Miguel's mother passed away when my oldest son was just a few months old. Both of these women were ill for a long time before passing, so I didn't have the opportunity to know them very well on earth.
6-I am grateful that Miguel's father moved back to the states, and he made it in time for the holidays. Special circumstances made that happen.

There are SO MANY more things, but that's all for now, feel free to share what you are thankful for also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE:(
your favorite sister in law PATITA:)

Tiffany said...

Okay.......you too Patty!!!!