Saturday, June 7, 2008

Schools out, Yeah!

These past couple of weeks seem to have flown by, with so many things going on. I am glad school is out! It gives me more time with my kids, especially the older ones. I don't get to just "hang out" with them as much as I would like during the school year.

I have so many things going through my brain right now, it is hard for me to pinpoint what to write about.

I have become completely OBSESSED with moving to a place where we can have more land. Maybe 5 acres or so. I want a huge garden, fruit trees, nut trees, grape vines, maybe even some animals. Goats, chickens, even a miniature cow. They are really cute! Of course I want to do this with help. Ideally I would like to hire someone part time to take care of the animals, so we wouldn't be tied to them 24-7. My dream is to be as self sufficient as possible. I believe it would be a great learning experience for my whole family.

So, if you are ever talking to me, and I look like I am not listening. I am probably on my little farm (in my head), walking down my dirt road on a cool summer morning, with a slight breeze in the air. It smells of fresh cut grass, rich soil, and clean air. Every once in a while, you get just a whiff of blossoms on the fruit trees, and homemade baked bread from an open window. Mmmmm. All I can hear is the breeze and children playing and laughing in the background, maybe a dog barking once in a while "come play with me."

Sorry I have to leave now, its time to go check on the animals.......................................
Oh, and don't wake me up from my dream please, even if I am already awake!

2 comments:

$inger!!! said...

ur dream sounds sooooooooo nice and we NEED 2 get another dog 4 the family then a minature dog the stayes little 4 meeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Stef said...

He he he, you sound more like your parents every day! :) About the food co-op, you can purchase the organic farmers market share without any other purcase necessary. I think it is only for the summer though!